Location 655 Plenty Road PRESTON VIC 3072
Description Development of a five storey building comprising four (4) apartments, a shop and a reduction in car park, as shown on the plans accompanying the application.
Date 18/04/2017 9:36:45 PM
Officer Chris Lelliott
Type Mixed Use Development
WHO john divitkos (site owner), urban edge consultants pty ltd south melbourne, & $1.5M
land size 6.1 x 36.6 = 223 sq m see http://gis.darebin.org/ https://www.google.com.au/maps
zoning C1Z, DDO17Schedule
Summary replace small shop in C1Z with ever smaller shop and 4 apts (2x 1 bed and 2x 2 bed)
L3&4: kitchen, meals and lounge for apartments A3 and A4
L2: 2 bed for apartments A3 and A4
L1: 1 bed apartments (U1&U2)
GND: token retail space (51 sq m) and tandem car stackers (2×2=4 spaces)
Site is just 6.1 m wide. Minimum width is 15 m for apartments (schedule 17, clause 2.1.1)
Car stacker sump conflicts with land title restrictive covenant.
Compromised internal amenity for 1 bed apartments A1 & A2. (clause 58).
Overdevelopment fails to meet local planning policy, objectives & rescode
rules; 1 space to each 1 or 2 bed dwelling, even token retail spaces merit some parking
requires 5 spaces, plans show 4 spaces
HOW TO OBJECT
(1) objection form first page, top half, add your name and contact details with
“phone number=WITH HELD, communication from the developer is to be in writing ”
(2) Remove any objections from the proforma that do not specifically apply
(3) Add you own unique objections. Keep them general and brief.
(4) last page, lower section, add your name or signature and todays date
(5) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072
Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
HOW TO ENCOURAGE NEIGHBOURS TO OBJECT
(1) Print and or photocopy multiples of the resident letter (above), plans and objection form.
also available here https://www.darebinada.org/category/objections
(2) Walk surrounding streets. If you knock on doors you can discuss the proposal and get neighbours to sign the objection on the spot. Alternatively you can drop the information in their letterbox and follow up with a visit later.
(3) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072. Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
subject: Objection to D/302/2017 655 Plenty Road PRESTON
Dear Darebin Planning Please find attached an objection to this planning proposal.