Location 552-554 and 556-558 Plenty Road PRESTON VIC 3072
Date 10/04/2018 12:00:00 AM
Description Construct a four (4) storey building with a basement level and rooftop terrace comprised of twenty eight (28) dwellings, a reduction in the car parking requirements and alteration of access to a road in a Road Zone Category 1 as shown on the plans accompanying the application.
Officer Ben Porteous
Type Medium Density Housing
WHO $6.5M, sparecon holdings pty ltd, metropol planning, qing chen & diymansion pty ltd
land size 1105 sq m see http://gis.darebin.org/ https://www.google.com.au/maps
zoning RGZ1 (towers), DDO17 (high density along Plenty rd)
Summary replace 2 family homes 28 apts
L3: 5x 2 bed
L2: 1x 1 bed + 7x 2 bed
L1: 1x 1 bed + 7x 2 bed
GND: 5x 2 bed + 2x 3 bed
B: storage + bins + 29 spaces using ~10 triple stackers
Minister imposed DDO17 on Plenty rd, nobody complained, expect more of this
OK for height, setback, building size (<80%), garden size (17%), storage
Only 2 of 28 apartments are 3 bed (7%). Zero gain in 3 or more bed accommodation.
x17 undersize balconies <8 sq m (3.0×2.55=7.7 sq m), also not including 1.5 sq m for AC units
x14 apts for people with limited mobility, yet provides zero disabled parking
Single elevator shared amongst upto 29 wheel chairs and 25 able bodies
Basement ramp conflict between vehicles, bicycles, waste collection, wheelchairs and walkers
Car stacker noise to bedrooms for G03, G05-G07, elevator noise to bed rooms 108, 208, 305
Poor internal amenity 2 bed apts 101 and 201, with corridor kitchens
rules; 1 space to each 1 or 2 bed dwelling, 2 spaces for 3+ bed
1 visitor space to 5 dwellings, need passing space at entry
requires 2+24+4+5=35 spaces, plans show 29 spaces
INSUFFICIENT PARKING FOR RESIDENTS & VISITORS
It is unreasonable to expect disabled residents and visitors to use the car stackers.
HOW TO OBJECT
(1) objection form first page, top half, add your name and contact details with
“phone number=WITH HELD, communication from the developer is to be in writing ”
(2) Remove any objections from the proforma that do not specifically apply
(3) Add you own unique objections. Keep them general and brief.(4) last page, lower section, add your name or signature and todays date
(5) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072
Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
HOW TO ENCOURAGE NEIGHBOURS TO OBJECT
(1) Print and or photocopy multiples of the resident letter (above), plans and objection form.
also available here https://www.darebinada.org/category/objections
(2) Walk surrounding streets. If you knock on doors you can discuss the proposal and get neighbours to sign the objection on the spot. Alternatively you can drop the information in their letterbox and follow up with a visit later.
(3) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072. Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
subject: Objection to D/213/2018 552-558 Plenty Road PRESTON VIC 3072
Planning Please find attached an objection to this planning proposal.