Full Details Here: Objection to D_332_2017 141 Roberts Street NORTHCOTE
Location 141 Roberts Street NORTHCOTE VIC 3070
Date 11/05/2017 2:34:35 PM
Description Proposed medium density development comprising the construction of three (3) double storey dwellings in a SBO and a reduction in the standard car parking rate, as shown on the plans accompanying the application.
officer Matthew Cullen
Type Medium Density Housing
Summary replace family home with 3 dweelings, 1x 2 bed + 2x 3 bed
L1 : 2 bed (U1), 3 bed (U2, U3)
GND: open plan kitchen/meals/lounge
P: 3x single garages, but new cros over remove x3 pinkey street parking space s
Ignores minimum front set back and claims front garden is SPOS
Ignores minimum requirements for gardens, permeable areas, & landscaping
Fails to appreciate the significance of the special building overlay, with the former laneway offering drainage for urban floowaters, now to be blocked with extened
buildings, paved yards and closed fences.
Provides inadequate parking, insufficint SPOS, insuffuent external storage space
Multiple examples of non-enforcement of local and state planning regulations
maximising the dwelling yeild at minumum quality for SITE OVERDEVELOPMENT
rules; 2 spaces to each 3 or more bed dwelling
and 1 space to each 1-2 bed dwellings
requires 4+1= 5 spaces, and plans show 3 spaces
HOW TO OBJECT
(1) objection form first page, top half, add your name and contact details with
“phone number=WITH HELD, communication from the developer is to be in writing ”
(2) Remove any objections from the proforma that do not specifically apply
(3) Add you own unique objections. Keep them general and brief.
(4) last page, lower section, add your name or signature and todays date
(5) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072
Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
HOW TO ENCOURAGE NEIGHBOURS TO OBJECT
(1) Print and or photocopy multiples of the resident letter (above), plans and objection form.
also available here https://www.darebinada.org/category/objections
(2) Walk surrounding streets. If you knock on doors you can discuss the proposal and get neighbours to sign the objection on the spot. Alternatively you can drop the information in their letterbox and follow up with a visit later.
(3) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072. Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
subject: Objection to D/332/2017 141 Roberts Street NORTHCOTE VIC 3070
Dear Darebin Planning
Find attached an objection to your planning proposal.