Full Details Here: Objection to D_88_2017 271-273 St Georges Road NORTHCOTE
Location 271-273 St Georges Road NORTHCOTE VIC 3070
Date 17/02/2017 8:05:22 PM
Description Construction of a four (4) storey mixed use development comprised of ten (10) dwellings and a shop; a reduction in the car parking requirement and a waiver of the loading bay requirement; as shown on the plans accompanying the application.
Officer Deniz Yener-Korematsu
Type Mixed Use Development
Summary replace commercial building with small shop + 10 apts = 6x 1bed + 4x 2 bed apts
L3: 2x 2 bed apts
L2: 4x 1 bed apts
L1: 2x 1 bed & 2x 2bed apts
GND: shop (78 sqm) + bins & 5×2 car stackers + 1 space
Offering sub standard vehicle access to inadequate parking and no loading bay
Waste management ignores the design standards and is inadequate
Internal amenity is includes undersize balconies that overlook residences to the rear,
Bedrooms are adjacent to the lift shaft and the site is a busy arterial road with
no acoustic damping againt straffic noise or thermal insulation
Multiple examples of non-enforcement of local and state planning regulations
Maximising the dwelling yeild at minumum quality delivers SITE OVERDEVELOPMENT
rules; 1 space to each 1 or 2 bed dwelling and 1 visitor space to each 5 dwellings
requires 10+2=12 spaces, and plans show 5×2+1=11 spaces
INSUFFICIENT PARKING FOR VISITORS
HOW TO OBJECT
(1) objection form first page, top half, add your name and contact details with
“phone number=WITH HELD, communication from the developer is to be in writing ”
(2) Remove any objections from the proforma that do not specifically apply
(3) Add you own unique objections. Keep them general and brief.
(4) last page, lower section, add your name or signature and todays date
(5) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072
Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
HOW TO ENCOURAGE NEIGHBOURS TO OBJECT
(1) Print and or photocopy multiples of the resident letter (above), plans and objection form.
also available here https://www.darebinada.org/category/objections
(2) Walk surrounding streets. If you knock on doors you can discuss the proposal and get neighbours to sign the objection on the spot. Alternatively you can drop the information in their letterbox and follow up with a visit later.
(3) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072. Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
subject: Objection to D/88/2017 271-273 St Georges Road NORTHCOTE VIC 3070
Dear Darebin Planning
Find attached an objection to this planning proposal.