See full Details Here: Objection to D_459_2016 32-40 Station Street FAIRFIELD
Location 32-40 Station Street FAIRFIELD VIC 3078
Description Demolition (including relocation of building outside of heritage overlay) and the construction of building works including a four storey plus basement apartment building with 59 dwellings, use of the land as a child care centre, display of business identification signage, reduction of car parking requirements and alterations to an access road in a Road Zone Category 1, as shown on the plans accompanying the application.
Officer Gavin Crawford
Type Mixed Use Development
WHO bruce henderson architects south yarra
land size 319+1633+810+460=3222 sqm http://gis.darebin.org/ https://www.google.com.au/maps
Summary replace 4 properties with (40% footprint) non-residential (single storey child care) and
(60%) 59 apts = 18x bed, 41x 2 bed . Relies upon open plan kitchen/meals/lounge
L3: 1x 1 bed + 10x 2 bed
L2: 5x 1 bed + 12x 2 bed
L1: 6x 1 bed + 12x 2 bed
GND:6x 1 bed + 7x 2 bed (60% residential) and bins
with 2x basements 44xP (B2) + 25xP (B1)
GND: 40% single storey childcare (92 children, 4 toilets) at rate of 3.5 sqm/child
with 1 basement = 18 P includes x6 as tandem pairs (3×2).
GND: 2 bed (U1, U4), 1 bed (U2, U3), KML (U5)
B: Double (U1) single (U2, U3), carport (U4), tandem driveway*& garage (U5)
NO SPOS AT GROUND LEVEL FOR RESIDENTS
POOR INTERNAL AMENITY (11x 1 bed apts are < 50 sq m, 2x 2bed < 60 q m)
NON VENTILLATED BATHROOMS & L’DRY SPACE
NEW CROSS-OVER TO STATION ST CONFLICTS WITH STREET TREES
SINGLE STOREY CHILD CARE CENTRE CAN BE LOST TO 4 STOREY AMMENDENT
OVERLOKING FOR PROPERTIES ON GILLES ST
APT 203 bedroom access via balcony
childcare rule: 0.22 space per child; requires 20 spaces, but plans show only 18
residential rule;1 space to each 1-2 bed dwelling & 1 visitor space to each 5 dwellings
requires 59+11=70 spaces, and plans show 59 spaces
INSUFFICIENT PARKING FOR CHILDCARE and APARTMENTS BUILDING
HOW TO OBJECT
(1) objection form first page, top half, add your name and contact details with
“phone number=WITH HELD, communication from the developer is to be in writing ”
(2) Remove any objections from the proforma that do not specifically apply
(3) Add you own unique objections. Keep them general and brief.
(4) last page, lower section, add your name or signature and todays date
(5) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072
Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
HOW TO ENCOURAGE NEIGHBOURS TO OBJECT
(1) Print and or photocopy multiples of the resident letter (above), plans and objection form.
also available here https://www.darebinada.org/category/objections
(2) Walk surrounding streets. If you knock on doors you can discuss the proposal and get neighbours to sign the objection on the spot. Alternatively you can drop the information in their letterbox and follow up with a visit later.
(3) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072. Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
subject: Objection to D/459/2016 32-40 Station Street FAIRFIELD VIC 3078
Dear Darebin Planning
Please find attached an objection to this planning proposal.