Location 121 Hutton Street THORNBURY VIC 3071
Description Medium density housing development comprising the construction of three (3) double storey dwellings as shown on the plans accompanying the application. (Re-advertised).
CITY OF DAREBIN REFUSAL TO GRANT A PERMIT
WHAT ARE THE REASONS FOR THE REFUSAL?
1. The proposal fails to comply with Clause 22.04 (Neighbourhood character) and Clauses 55.02-1 (Neighbourhood character), including the relevant precinct guidelines (D2) of the Darebin Planning Scheme with specific regard to
(a) The proposal removes all trees from the site and fails to provide sufficient open space adversely impacting the existing and preferred garden character for the area
(b) The extent of development, the height, the bulk and the setbacks to boundaries of the proposed building are not considered to respect the rear garden character of the neighbourhood, which would unreasonably affect the amenity of neighbouring properties by way of visual bulk and would not be consistent with existing or preferred neighbourhood character.
(c) The dwelling fronting Hutton Street is unacceptable in terms of scale, bulk and insufficient articulation.
2 .The setbacks combined with the height and bulk of the development fails to meet the objectives of ResCode Standard B17 resulting in an unreasonable impact on the amenity of adjoining lots.
3. Garage constructed over the easement to the rear of the site is not acceptable
4. Unacceptable open space provision for Units 2 and 3 contrary to the objectives of ResCode Standard B28.
5. The development would result in unacceptable overlooking contrary to ResCode Standard B22.
6. The proposal is an over development of the site
Date Issued 22 APR 2016