App. Number D/1037/2015
App. Date 15/12/2015
Location 38 Mansfield Street THORNBURY VIC 3071
Description A medium density housing development comprising the construction of five (5) double storey dwellings and a reduction of car parking requirements as shown on the plans accompanying the application.
CITY OF DAREBIN REFUSAL TO GRANT A PERMIT
WHAT ARE THE REASONS FOR THE REFUSAL?
1. The proposal does not respect the neighbourhood character of the area.
2. The development does not comply with the following standards and/or objectives at clause 55 of the Darebin planning scheme including:
(a) Standard B1 (Neighbourhood Character)
(b) Standard 10 (Energy Efficiency)
(c) Standard B13 (Landscaping)
(d) Standard B14 (Access)
(e) Standard B17 (Side and rear setbacks)
(f) Standard N28 (Private Open Space)
(g) Standard B29 (Solar Access and Open Space)
3. The minimal first floor setbacks of the development to the secluded private open space of the adjoining properties to the south, east and west could cause the development to have a etrimental impact of the amenity of those properties.
4. The amenity (outlook and access to sunlight) of the balconies to units 2, 3, and 4 is poor due to the high adjoining residential properties.
5. The proposal is an over development.
6. Does not meet parking requirements as it has insufficient visitor car parking.
Date Issued 31 MAY 2016