Location 2 and 4 Clark Street RESERVOIR VIC 3073
Description Construction of eight (8) double storey dwellings and the waiver of one (1) visitor car parking space as shown on the plans accompanying the application.
Land size 2 blocks each 624 sqm = 1248 sq m
2x 3 bed plus 6x 2 bed units
Entire site consumed except for drainage and sewer easement along eastern side
See the plans for full details
who Ikonimides Reid
CITY OF DAREBIN REFUSAL TO GRANT A PERMIT
WHAT ARE THE REASONS FOR THE REFUSAL?
- The proposal fails to comply with the desired future character of the area through the dominant built form in the streetscape and the application of incongruous design detailing. The policy objectives of clause 22.02 of the Darebin Planning Scheme ar not met.
- The proposal fails to comply with a number of standards and/or objectives of clause 55 of the Darebin planning scheme including:
- clause 55.02-1 (neighbourhood character) – see ground 1 above.
- clause 55.02-2 (residential policy) – the development intensity is not in keeping with neighbourhood character and local conditions.
- clause 55.03-3 (site coverage) – site coverage is excessive and does not provide an appropriate balance of building footprint to open space ratio commensurate with surrounding land.
- Clause 55.04-1 (side and rear setbacks) – the developments set backs form the side and rear boundaries and continuous built form will create visual bulk impacts on the adjoining properties.
- clause 55.05-4 (private open space) – the proposal provides insufficient secluded private open space for the reasonable recreational needs of residents of dwelling 1 and dwelling 8.
- clause 55.05-5 (solar access to open space) – the proposal provides insufficient solar access to secluded private open space.
- clause 55.06 (car parking) – the proposal provides insufficient car parking due to the lack of visitor car parking space.
Date Issued 17 FEB 2016