See Full Details HERE: Objection to D_152_2016 84 St Georges Road PRESTON
Location 84 St Georges Road PRESTON VIC 3072
Date 1/03/2016 7:04:58 PM
Description Demolition of the existing dwelling and the construction of a medium density housing development comprised of the construction of five (5) dwellings in a Heritage Overlay (HO186), alteration of access to a road in a Road Zone Category 1, and a reduction in the visitor car parking requirement, as shown on the plans accompanying the application.
Officer Deniz Yener-Korematsu
Type Medium Density Housing
Summary replace family home with 4 apts = 4x 2 bed
relies upon open plan kitchen/meals/lounge/bedroom
L1: KML + 1 bed (A1-A4)
GND: 1 bed (A1-A4), KML + 2 bed (A5)
P: 4x single garages + x2 car spaces. Tight access.
POOR INTERNAL AMENITY (A1-A4 similar to single garage).
A1 KM&LOUNGE TOO SMALL, width 2.9 m < min 3.6 m (55.07-12)
x8 BEDROOMS TOO SMALL (except A5 B1) in terms of width and depth (55.07-12)
Needs sound proofing against road traffic and rail noise (55.07-6)
NON VENTILLATED BATHROOM (ALL) & L’DRY SPACE.
rules; 1 space to each 1 or 2 bed dwelling
and 1 visitoe space to each 5 dwellings
requires 5+1=6 spaces, and plans show 5 spaces
INSUFFFICIENT CAR PARKING for visitors and emergency services
HOW TO OBJECT
(1) objection form first page, top half, add your name and contact details with
“phone number=WITH HELD, communication from the developer is to be in writing ”
(2) Remove any objections from the proforma that do not specifically apply
(3) Add you own unique objections. Keep them general and brief.
(4) last page, lower section, add your name or signature and todays date
(5) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072
Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
HOW TO ENCOURAGE NEIGHBOURS TO OBJECT
(1) Print and or photocopy multiples of the resident letter (above), plans and objection form.
also available here https://www.darebinada.org/category/objections
(2) Walk surrounding streets. If you knock on doors you can discuss the proposal and get neighbours to sign the objection on the spot. Alternatively you can drop the information in their letterbox and follow up with a visit later.
(3) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072. Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
subject: Objection to D/152/2016 84 St Georges Road PRESTON VIC 3072
Dear Darebin Planning
Please find attached an objection to this planning proposal.