See Full Details Here: Objection to D_132_2016 63 O’Connor Street RESERVOIR
Location 63 O’Connor Street RESERVOIR VIC 3073
Description Construct a medium density housing development comprising the construction of eight (8) double storey dwellings; Reduce the visitor car parking requirements associated with the dwellings; as shown on the plans accompanying the application
Officer Ben Porteous
Type Medium Density Housing
WHO b y projects 2/40 little latrobe st http://http://byarchitecture.com.au/portfolio/
land size 1493 sq m see http://gis.darebin.org/ https://www.google.com.au/maps
Summary replace family home with 1x 1 bed + 3x 2bed + 4x 3+ bed dwellingss
open plan kitchen/meals/lounge (KML) for all, disguised 3rd bed for (U2-U4)
L1: 1 bed (U8), KML + 1 bed (U7, U6, U2), 3+ bed (U5, U4, U3, U1)
GND: KML (U8, U5, U4, U3, U1), 1 bed (U7, U6, U2)
P: single (U8, U7, U6, U5, U3, U2) and double (U4, U1) garages
Relies upon irresponsibility & local amnesia to ignore minimum requirements for vehicle access,
gardens, permeable areas, landscaping, internal amenity, parking, storage space and so on
Clear felling of site removes significant numbers of mature trees.
U3, U4 and U5 have disguised third bedrooms.
Waste management ignores the design standards and is inadequate,
requiing bins to travel through the dwelling en route to collection point on the nature strip
U7 has insufficient secluded private open space, There is no external storage space.
Thermal insulation is doubtful, plans mislead about air conditioning units on balconies and decks
Multiple examples of non-enforcement of local and state planning regulations
maximise the dwelling yeild at minumum quality to deliver SITE OVERDEVELOPMENT
rules; 1 space to each 1 or 2 bed dwelling, 2 space to each 2 or more bed dwelling
and 1 visitor space to each 5 dwellings
requires 1+3+8+1=13 spaces, and plans show 10 spaces
INSUFFICIENT PARKING FOR RESIDENTS and VISITORS
HOW TO OBJECT
(1) objection form first page, top half, add your name and contact details with
“phone number=WITH HELD, communication from the developer is to be in writing ”
(2) Remove any objections from the proforma that do not specifically apply
(3) Add you own unique objections. Keep them general and brief.
(4) last page, lower section, add your name or signature and todays date
(5) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072
Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
HOW TO ENCOURAGE NEIGHBOURS TO OBJECT
(1) Print and or photocopy multiples of the resident letter (above), plans and objection form.
also available here https://www.darebinada.org/category/objections
(2) Walk surrounding streets. If you knock on doors you can discuss the proposal and get neighbours to sign the objection on the spot. Alternatively you can drop the information in their letterbox and follow up with a visit later.
(3) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072. Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
subject: Objection to D/132/2016 63 O’Connor Street RESERVOIR VIC 3073
Dear Darebin Planning
Find attached an objection to your planning proposal.