See Full Details Here: Objection to D_566_2016 345&349 Bell Street PRESTON
Location 345& 349 Bell Street PRESTON VIC 3072
Description A six (6) storey building comprising 30 apartments, two (2) commercial tenancies and a reduction to the car parking requirement, as shown on the plans accompanying the application.
Officer Jolyon Boyle
Type Mixed Use Development
Summary replace massage parlour and 2 storey building with 30 apts = 16x 1 bed + 14x 2 bed
relies upon open plan kitchen/meals/lounge
L5: 1×1 bed (45 sq m), 3×2 bed (71-80 sq m)
L4: 3×1 bed (45-50 sq m), 2×2 bed (65-71 sq m)
L1-L3: 4×1 bed (43-43 sq m), 3×2 bed (66-78 sq m)
GND: x2 shops (55 + 156 = 206 sq m), rubbish bins, 7×3(?) car stackers via rear lane
B: car stacker pits + tiny storage boxes
INDOOR BIN STORAGE BEHIND GND floor foyer,
WASTE MANAGEMENT PLAN? Transfer via rear lane for collection on Bell St?
POOR INTERNAL AMENITY for all x16 1 bed apts and 14 x2 bed apts
NON VENTILLATED BATHROOMS & L’DRY SPACE for all
OVERLOOKING GARNET ST to south
NORTH FACING bedrooms are lacking thermal and acoustic insulation
rule is 1 spaces to each 1 or 2 bed dwelling
rule is 1 visitor space spaces to each 5 dwellings
retail spaces require a loading bay, yet plans show none
requires 30+5=35 spaces, and plans state 20 spaces
HOW TO OBJECT
(1) objection form first page, top half, add your name and contact details with
“phone number=WITH HELD, communication from the developer is to be in writing ”
(2) Remove any objections from the proforma that do not specifically apply
(3) Add you own unique objections. Keep them general and brief.
(4) last page, lower section, add your name or signature and todays date
(5) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072
Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
HOW TO ENCOURAGE NEIGHBOURS TO OBJECT
(1) Print and or photocopy multiples of the resident letter (above), plans and objection form.
also available here https://www.darebinada.org/category/objections
(2) Walk surrounding streets. If you knock on doors you can discuss the proposal and get neighbours to sign the objection on the spot. Alternatively you can drop the information in their letterbox and follow up with a visit later.
(3) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072. Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
subject: Objection to D/566/2016 345&349 Bell Street PRESTON VIC 3072
Dear Darebin Planning
Please find attached an objection to this planning proposal.