Full Details Here: Objection to D_147_2017 3 Harold Street PRESTON
Location 3 Harold Street PRESTON VIC 3072
Date 7/03/2017 8:05:22 PM
Description A medium density housing development, comprised of the construction of four (4) three-storey dwellings and one (1) double-storey dwelling, as shown on the plans accompanying the application.
Officer Deniz Yener-Korematsu
Type Medium Density Housing
Summary replace family home with 5 units = 1x 2 bed + 4x 3 bed units
relies upon open plan kitchen meals and lounge (KML)
L2 2 bed (U4, U3, U2), 2 bed +”study” (U1)
L1: 1 bed + KML (U5), KML (U4, U3, U2), KML + 1 bed (U1)
GND: 1 bed (U5), single (U5) + double garages (U4, U3, U2, U1)
Ignores minimum requirements for gardens, permealble areas, & landscaping
instead clear felling the site including significant numbers of mature trees
Provides sub standard vehicle access, with inadequate parking
Waste management ignores the design standards and is inadequate
Balconies too small, new cross-over conflicts with street tree, insufficient storage space
There is no acoustic damping againt straffic noise or thermal insulation
Multiple examples of non-enforcement of local and state planning regulations
Maximising the dwelling yeild at minumum quality to deliver SITE OVERDEVELOPMENT
rules; 1 space to each 1 or 2 bed dwelling, 2 spaces to each 2 or more bed dwelling
& 1 visitor space to each 5 dwellings
requires 1+8+1=10 spaces, and plans show 9 spaces
INSUFFICIENT PARKING FOR VISITORS
HOW TO OBJECT
(1) objection form first page, top half, add your name and contact details with
“phone number=WITH HELD, communication from the developer is to be in writing ”
(2) Remove any objections from the proforma that do not specifically apply
(3) Add you own unique objections. Keep them general and brief.
(4) last page, lower section, add your name or signature and todays date(5) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072
Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
HOW TO ENCOURAGE NEIGHBOURS TO OBJECT
(1) Print and or photocopy multiples of the resident letter (above), plans and objection form.
also available here https://www.darebinada.org/category/objections
(2) Walk surrounding streets. If you knock on doors you can discuss the proposal and get neighbours to sign the objection on the spot. Alternatively you can drop the information in their letterbox and follow up with a visit later.
(3) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072. Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
subject: Objection to D/147/2017 3 Harold Street PRESTON VIC 3072
Dear Darebin Planning
Please find attached an objection to this planning proposal.