See Full Details Here: Objection to D_80_2017 196-198 Albert Street RESERVOIR
Location 196-198 Albert Street RESERVOIR VIC 3073
Date 16/02/2017Description A four (4) storey development comprising 20 dwellings; a reduction in the car parking requirement for visitors; alteration of access (removal) to a road in a Road ZOne Category 1, as shown on the plans accompanying the application.
Officer Deniz Yener-Korematsu
Type Medium Density Housing
Summary replace 2x family homes with 5x 1bed + 14x 2 bed + 1x 3 bed apartements
L3; 2 bed (A18, A19, A20)
L2: 1 bed (A17), 2 bed (A13. A14, A15, A16)
L1: 1 bed (A7, A9), 2 bed (A8, A10, A12), 3 bed (A11)
GND: 1 bed (A1, A3), 2 bed (A2, A4, A5, A6), + 3 visitor spaces instead of front lawn
B: bins + 21 spaces (1 each + x2 for 3 bed A11)
Ignores minimum requirements for gardens, permealble areas, & landscaping
Provides sub standard vehicle access, with inadequate parking
The street set back is ignored to expand the building.
Waste management ignores the design standards and is inadequate
balconies are too small, living areas to close to vehicles access
There is no acoustic damping againt straffic noise or thermal insulation
Multiple examples of non-enforcement of local and state planning regulations
Maximising the dwelling yeild at minumum quality delivers SITE OVERDEVELOPMENT
rules; 2 space to each 2 or more bed dwelling, 1 space to each 1 or 2 bed dwelling and
1 visitor space to each 5 dwellings
requires 14+5+2+4=25 spaces, and plans show 23 spaces
INSUFFICIENT VISITOR PARKING
HOW TO OBJECT
(1) objection form first page, top half, add your name and contact details with
“phone number=WITH HELD, communication from the developer is to be in writing ”
(2) Remove any objections from the proforma that do not specifically apply
(3) Add you own unique objections. Keep them general and brief.
(4) last page, lower section, add your name or signature and todays date
(5) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072
Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
HOW TO ENCOURAGE NEIGHBOURS TO OBJECT
(1) Print and or photocopy multiples of the resident letter (above), plans and objection form.
also available here https://www.darebinada.org/category/objections
(2) Walk surrounding streets. If you knock on doors you can discuss the proposal and get neighbours to sign the objection on the spot. Alternatively you can drop the information in their letterbox and follow up with a visit later.
(3) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072. Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
subject: Objection to D/80/2017 196-198 Albert Street RESERVOIR VIC 3073
Dear Darebin Planning
Find attached an objection to this planning proposal.