See Full Details Here: Objection to D_769_2016 19 Railway Place West PRESTON
Location 19 Railway Place West PRESTON VIC 3072
Description Proposed construction of four dwellings (three storey plus roof decks) and a reduction of car parking as shown on the plans accompanying the application.
Officer Gavin Crawford
Type Medium Density Housing
WHO ikonimides reid
land size 409 sq m see http://gis.darebin.org/ https://www.google.com.au/maps
Summary replace family home with 1x 2bed + 3x 3 bed apts
L2: 2 bed (A1, A2, A3, A4)
L1: open plan kitchen/meals/lounge (A1, A2, A3, A4)
GND: disguised 1 bed (A1, A2, A3)
P: rear laneway access to x4 spaces
Relies upon irresponsible, local amnesia to ignore minimum requirements for street setbacks,
gardens, permeable areas, landscaping, internal amenity, parking, storage space and so on
instead clear felling the site including significant numbers of mature trees.
Third bedrooms are disguised as “lounge”. Overlooks and overshadows 17 Railway pde
Waste management ignores the design standards and is inadequate
Balconies are too small is depth and area, The storage space is insufficient
There is no acoustic damping againt noise from adjacent railway line, and no thermal insulation
Multiple examples of non-enforcement of local and state planning regulations
maximise the dwelling yeild at minumum quality to deliver SITE OVERDEVELOPMENT
Rules; 1 space to each 1 or 2 bed dwelling
and 2 space to each 2 or more bed dwelling
requires 1+6=7 spaces, and plans show 4 spaces
INSUFFICIENT PARKING FOR RESIDENTS
HOW TO OBJECT
(1) objection form first page, top half, add your name and contact details with
“phone number=WITH HELD, communication from the developer is to be in writing ”
(2) Remove any objections from the proforma that do not specifically apply
(3) Add you own unique objections. Keep them general and brief.
(4) last page, lower section, add your name or signature and todays date
(5) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072
Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
HOW TO ENCOURAGE NEIGHBOURS TO OBJECT
(1) Print and or photocopy multiples of the resident letter (above), plans and objection form.
also available here https://www.darebinada.org/category/objections
(2) Walk surrounding streets. If you knock on doors you can discuss the proposal and get neighbours to sign the objection on the spot. Alternatively you can drop the information in their letterbox and follow up with a visit later.
(3) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072. Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
subject: Objection to D/769/2016 19 Railway Place West PRESTON VIC 3072
Dear Darebin Planning,
Find attached an objection to your planning proposal.