Location site (A): 18, 20 Stokes St and 17, 19 Penola St PRESTON
Description (A): 18-20 Stokes Street and 17-19 Penola Street, Preston: Housing development comprising the construction of a four (4) storey building and additional underground basement comprising 46 Units and reduction of the standard car parking requirement on land covered by a Development Plan Overlay and Special Building Overlay. All as shown on the plans accompanying the application.
Officer Chris Lelliott
Type Medium Density Housing
Summary replace 2x sites for family homes with 22+46 apartments
APPLICATION IS FOR TWO (x2) DIFFERENT SITES
site A: 46 apts = 30x 1 bed + 16x 2bed
L3: 3×1 bed + 6x 2 bed
L2: 9×1 bed + 4x 2 bed
L1: 9×1 bed + 4x 2 bed
G 9×1 bed + 2x 2 bed
B: 21 parking space + bins
Special building overlay = “urban areas liable to inundation by overland flows from the urban drainage system” (LPPF 44.05), conflicts with residential housing with basement bin storage and car parking (site A).
POOR INTERNAL AMENITY & SPOS for 1 bed apts
NON VENTILLATED BATHROOMS & L’DRY SPACE(ALL)
rule is 1 spaces to each 1 or 2 bed dwelling
rule is 1 visitor spaces to each 5 dwellings
(A) requires 46+9=55 spaces, whilst plans show 21 spaces
HOW TO OBJECT
(1) objection form first page, top half, add your name and contact details with
“phone number=WITH HELD, communication from the developer is to be in writing ”
(2) Remove any objections from the proforma that do not specifically apply
(3) Add you own unique objections. Keep them general and brief.
(4) last page, lower section, add your name or signature and todays date
(5) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072
Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
HOW TO ENCOURAGE NEIGHBOURS TO OBJECT
(1) Print and or photocopy multiples of the resident letter (above), plans and objection form.
also available here https://www.darebinada.org/category/objections
(2) Walk surrounding streets. If you knock on doors you can discuss the proposal and get neighbours to sign the objection on the spot. Alternatively you can drop the information in their letterbox and follow up with a visit later.
(3) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072. Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
subject: Objection to D/900/2016 : Site (A): 18, 20 Stokes St and 17, 19 Penola St PRESTON
Dear Darebin Planning
Please find attached an objection to this planning proposal.