See Full Details Here: Objection to D_884_2016 140 Regent Street PRESTON
Location 140 Regent Street PRESTON VIC 3072
Date 24/10/2016 12:00:00 AM
Description Development of the land with a four (4) storey building comprising 12 dwellings and an office; use of the land for the purpose of accommodation; a reduction in the car parking requirement as shown on the plans accompanying the application.
Type Mixed Use Development
Officer Deniz Yener-Korematsu
Summary Replace Nelson Alexander real estate office with an even smaller office (112 sq m) plus stack of 10x ZERO bed (42 sq m) + 2x 1 bed (56sq m) apts
relies upon open plan kitchen/meals/lounge/bedroom
L3: 2 x 1 bed apts (56 sqm)
L1&L2: 5x ZERO bedroom apts (42 sqm each)
GND: office (~120 sqm) with no toilet, laneway access to car stackers
B: tandem car stackers for 2x3x2=12 spaces
VERY POOR INTERNAL AMENITY (42 sq m for x10 ZERO bedroom apts).
5 bins amongst 12 apts+business = INSUFFICIENT WASTE MANAGEMENT
TANDEM TRIPLE CAR STACKER access VIA REAR LANEWAY CREATES
TRAFFIC CONGESTION AT TRAM STOP 47
SHELTER FOR TRAM STOP BLOCKS ACCESS TO FRONT DOOR
FAILS TO PROVIDE ACOUSTIC OR THERMAL INSULATION FOR THE SANITY
OF RESIDENTS IN WEST FACING APTS ON BUSY INTERSECTION
rules; 1 space to each 1 or 2 bed dwelling and 1 space to vistors to 5 dwellings
requires 12+2=14 spaces, and plans show 12 spaces
INSUFFICIENT PARKING FOR RESIDENTS
HOW TO OBJECT
(1) objection form first page, top half, add your name and contact details with
“phone number=WITH HELD, communication from the developer is to be in writing ”
(2) Remove any objections from the proforma that do not specifically apply
(3) Add you own unique objections. Keep them general and brief.
(4) last page, lower section, add your name or signature and todays date
(5) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072
Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
HOW TO ENCOURAGE NEIGHBOURS TO OBJECT
(1) Print and or photocopy multiples of the resident letter (above), plans and objection form.
also available here https://www.darebinada.org/category/objections
(2) Walk surrounding streets. If you knock on doors you can discuss the proposal and get neighbours to sign the objection on the spot. Alternatively you can drop the information in their letterbox and follow up with a visit later.
(3) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072. Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
subject: Objection to D/884/2016 140 Regent Street PRESTON VIC 3072
Dear Darebin Planning,
Please find attached an objection to this planning proposal.