See Full Details Here: Objection to D_1088_2016 107-109 Gower Street PRESTON
Location 107-109 Gower Street PRESTON VIC 3072
Date 28/12/2016 1:00:00 AM
Description Proposed construction of a medium density development consisting of nine (9) dwellings and a reduction in the car parking requirement as shown on the plans accompanying the application.
Officer Anne Taylor
Type Medium Density Housing
WHO ikonimides reid
land size 707+704=1411 sq m see http://gis.darebin.org/ https://www.google.com.au/maps
Summary replace 2 family homes with 9 units = 7x 2 bed + 2x 3 bed,
L1: kitchen meal and lounge, with inadequate balcony and air conditioner (U2-U8)
GND: 2 be (U2-U8), 3 bed (U1, U9)
B: tandem drive & garage (U1, U9) single garage (U2-U8)
garden should be 35%, instead just 30% “permeable surfaces”
POOR INTERNAL AMENITY
NON VENTILLATED BATHROOMS L’DRY SPACE
INADEQUATE SPOS and BALCONIES.
Building foundations on the sewer easement
Inadequate external storage space, not secure for U8 on belgrove st boundary
Overlooking, overshadowing, poor vehicle circulation
Multiple examples of non-enforcement of local and state planning regulations
rules; 2 space to each 3 or more bed, 1 space to each 1 or 2 bed dwelling
and 1 space for visitor to each 5 dwelling2
requires 7+4+1=12 spaces, and plans show 11 spaces
HOW TO OBJECT
(1) objection form first page, top half, add your name and contact details with
“phone number=WITH HELD, communication from the developer is to be in writing ”
(2) Remove any objections from the proforma that do not specifically apply
(3) Add you own unique objections. Keep them general and brief.
(4) last page, lower section, add your name or signature and todays date
(5) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072
Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
HOW TO ENCOURAGE NEIGHBOURS TO OBJECT
(1) Print and or photocopy multiples of the resident letter (above), plans and objection form.
also available here https://www.darebinada.org/category/objections
(2) Walk surrounding streets. If you knock on doors you can discuss the proposal and get neighbours to sign the objection on the spot. Alternatively you can drop the information in their letterbox and follow up with a visit later.
(3) Send to Darebin town planning by email, fax, mail or in person
Post to: PO BOX 91 Preston 3072. Fax 8470 8877 ATTENTION: TOWN PLANNING
subject: Objection to D/1088/2016 107-109 Gower Street PRESTON VIC 3072
Dear Darebin Planning
Please find attached an objection to this planning proposal.