PANEL RECOMMENDS GO AHEAD FOR NORTHCOTE PLAZA
DATE: Thursday, March 31, 2005
The Planning Minister, Rob Hulls, today said he had accepted the recommendations of an independent Panel and Advisory Committee that would allow the revitalisation of Northcote Plaza to commence.
Once complete, the Northcote Plaza Development will include:·
– Two multi-level apartment buildings
– Northern building – 8 storeys (maximum height 35m) accommodating 34 two-bedroom dwellings
– Southern building
– 10 storeys (maximum height 41.5m) accommodating 47 single-bedroom, 31 two-bedroom dwellings and 4 three-bedroom dwellings.
– A pedestrian piazza
– Four new shops
– accessed from the centre mall and proposed piazza
– A Restaurant
– to seat 105 people and overlooking the proposed piazza.
Australian Labour Party – Rob Hulls – Member for Niddrie