DADA Questions for Council Candidates 2012
Response from Patience Grace
Independent candidate for La Trobe Ward
Questions put to candidates:
1. What is your planning platform for the upcoming Darebin Council Elections?
2. If you are elected to Darebin Council in 2012 would you consider standing for a position on the Darebin Planning Committee?
3. What strategies would you support to develop a more open and transparent planning processes at the City of Darebin?
4. Would you support restoration of the community consultation process on planning applications in Darebin?
5. What are your views on developing and implementing quotas for the number of bedrooms per dwelling in new development and planning applications to better meet the housing needs of families in the future in Darebin?
6. How would you support the development and implementation of a Significant Tree Register for the City of Darebin?
7. What are your views on the protection of our unique suburban neigbourhoods from over-development?
8. Would you support a push to limit neighbourhood developments to dual occupancy?
9. Vic Smart legislation will remove some rights to third party objections. What is your view on the protection of third party objections?
10.What is your take on the way that the word ‘affordability’ is used for terms of planning?